Saturday, June 27, 2009

Random Ish

. . . About Michael
(Disclaimer: Still going through some grieving over here so bear with me)

- What's with the news calling Michael Jackson the "self-proclaimed" King of Pop. That man was the KING of Pop. Buy a clue!

- Me and the annoying girl from work were talking about Mike, our childhood memories, how much we love him, where we were when we found out, and how devastated we were. We even cried together a little. I seriously even considered contacting my ex-boyfriend about MJ's death. (We were both big fans). But decided against it because of the weirdness factor . . . still thinking about it, though. Bottom line: Michael brings people together.

- This is honestly the second time in my life that I'd ever shed a tear over anyone, much less, someone famous. It's not that I don't have a heart; it's just that I have been fortunate enough not to have experienced a lot of people close to me dying. (FYI: The first death that ever moved me to tears was that of my grandmother.)

- Last, but not least (another one for the news). Why the comparisons with Farah Fawcitt's death? Why be so tacky as to bring her up in a snarky tone as if people are obligated to mourn over her just as much as Mike. How about having enough respect for the dead to let people mourn over whoever they want to mourn over; however they want to do that. Yes, she died. And for the record, I watched the news tribute special about her too. She was a beautiful actress and it's terrible that she passed away from cancer. But if anybody thinks that it's not fair that Mike's death is getting the attention it's getting, they need to move to a planet where he wasn't the greatest performer to ever moonwalk across a stage. (So I guess that eliminates moving to the moon as an option. I heard Mars may have sustained life once, though :-).
-----------------------------------------------------
. . . About Men

- If I could bottle up the confidence that men have I'd be so rich I could buy gravity and just fly away!!!

- On that note, I called up an "old friend" the other day to tell him I was in his area and wanted to see if I could visit and get his insight on a project I was working on. (We work in the same field). Anywho, he called me back too late and was disappointed that we missed each other. However, he gave me this little gem . . . "You're always free to come by and spend the night." Then he added a precious, "The invitation's always open to you!" Now tell me something, How could I be so lucky? lmbo Also, how much nerve does it take to extend someone that kind of invitation. A LOT, that's how much.

- Speaking of nerve . . . A friend of mine stopped by my new place to attend a salsa lesson with me. After we went out (I assumed as friends considering I filled up his parking meter and paid my own way-which is not a privelige I would give to "my man") we came back to my place and watched a movie. Whilst falling asleep, I almost got straight-up molested. #1 - I can't believe his behind didn't leave when the movie was over. And #2 - If you want to date rape someone, aren't you supposed to get them liquored up first? And at least buy them a meal, pay for the salsa lesson, something! Dang! Then he had the nerve to leave mad. But outside is where the weeping and the gnashing of his teeth will be. Aaa, hahahahLOL (Is it wrong to laugh at your own joke? Neverrr)
---------------------------------------------------
. . . About Work

- The hustle is on. Starting yesterday, I will try to treat finding a new (or additional job) as a job. I'm scared, but here goes nothing. First things first, though, I gosta get my internet service switched. AT&T is just too frickin much.

- My dog bit the lady at my job who thinks she's the dog whisperer. I have never been more proud of his timing and execution. (Although the bite was enough to scare her a little, it wasn't a vicious bite. He was just playing with her). And the best part was she couldn't say anything because she'd just finished scolding me for telling him to chill out. hehe! You can't play tug of war with errbody's dog. Sometimes the dog owner knows what they're talking bout Willis.

That's what's swimming around in the chrome dome this mornin.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, seriously? "Self-proclaimed"? That is BS. Who the hell ELSE would have earned that title?? The man WAS the King!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never watch a movie (at home & alone) with a man unless you want to be molested. It's a sad, sad fact I've learned and I will never again agree to such a perverted scheme ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Gasp!) My 2 favorite bloggers! Thanks for stopping by.
    Lilu - My thoughts exactly. He was the King of Pop for-EVER and now that he's died, it's self-proclaimed. Ch-yeah, Gimme a break!

    Stephanie - Yeah, I fell for the oldest trick in the book. I guess, I figured that he wouldn't try anything considering the very "un-romantic" "non-date" vibes I was getting all night. I mean I paid for the man's parking for god's sake! lol If that's not some platonic friendship stuff, I don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why they keep calling him the "self-proclaimed" like the other poster said, Elizabeth Taylor was the first one to call him that she said so on his interview with Oprah years ago (its on youtube).

    ReplyDelete