Saturday, December 24, 2011

Web Series

So, I decided not to take that Insurance Gig.  Actually, the boyf kind of made that choice for me with his wallet.  There are a bunch of expensive things involved with getting that gig and since my pockets are starving, the boyfriend would have been forking over the cash.  Being that he thinks the job is stupid, he's cock-blocking . . . with his - uh - wallet.   And I don't blame him.  My insides were kicking and screaming with the thought of taking on that job - and I know times are hard, but there's GOT TO be a better way.

In the meantime of pursuing my dream job, I've decided to do something that won't be adding a cent to my bank statements.  I'll be shooting a webseries.  Yes, you heard me - a webseries!  I'm super excited about this endeavor because it's something I've always wanted to do and the storyline is based off of every friendship that I've ever had.  Besides (even though I don't have any readers for this blog) I know that I am an amazing writer and I can't wait to see my stories come to "the screen" - even if it's a computer screen.  And take that blogosphere - you don't validate me!!!! hahahaha!  *sigh*  :-(

Anyway, I've already gotten some of the equipment together and I've also gotten a few actors to act in it.  We will be shooting the first episode on January 8th and God knows when we'll start posting them to YouTube, but it's-a-coming.  Excited is not the word!!!  Elated?  Hysterical?

Until then, I've been joining the webseries communities online and watching all kinds of shows.  And let me tell you, there are a lot of good ones out there.  Such as . . .

Shit Girls Say (Don't watch while eating - you will choke)



Of course . . . The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl



Drama Queenz (If you are a homophobe, this is NOT for you - but I am in LOVE w/this show)



and one of my personal faves . . . Shitty Fabulous Lives



Please watch these shows and support the webseries community.  There are a lot of great shows online.

Love ya!
Arnetta

No comments:

Post a Comment