Monday, January 9, 2012

Web Series

So I shot the first episode of my web series last night.  And there's way too much to say in one post. But I'll put it this way, in Jay Z's words (and I hate to have to quote that man, but . . . ) I need more people.  Last night, I was the director, producer, logistics person, audio technician, gaffer and production assistant.  It was ridiculous.  Thank God, I had a camera guy - who was also the production manager, lighting guy and Assistant Director.  I'm embarrassed to roll the credits at the end of this episode, lol.  Either way, we gotter-done.  Despite the fact that my DJ/actor decided not to bring his got-dang laptop.  How do you bring all of your DJ'ing equipment and not bring the laptop which contains all of your music?  That's like trying to cook without food.  Regardless, he played music off of his phone (which was dead, and thank God I brought my phone charger) and so the episode went on as planned - despite the efforts of Satan and the DJ.

All (well, not all, but a good portion) of my lovely friends came out and we shot a party scene which was a lot of fun, but really ambitious of us.  I'm editing it now and of course there are a few things that I have complaints about - but I guess it's growing pains and we did pretty good for a first time.  Either way, I'm pretty excited about this project and it's great to have something that I can say I directed.  Hopefully, this will lead to other things.  I'll be sure to post the episode and promo vids once I finish editing.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment