Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ain't It Great to be Crazy?!

Soap Box Rant #21
Boom, boom, ain’t it great to be crazy
Boom, boom, ain’t it great to be nuts like us
Silly and foolish all day long
Boom, boom ain’t it great to be crazy
-Traditional Folk Song

Disclaimer disorder is characterized by the tendency to give an unecessary disclaimer before saying something completely normal or heartfelt for fear that one might be making a statement that is considered insane, unusual or in our beloved reporter's case "corny". This disorder eventually develops into a tendency to start sentences off with "This may sound (fill in the blank), but . . . "

How do I know so much about this otherwise secret condition? Because, unfortunately, I suffer with this disorder every day. All of my sentences begin with "This may sound CRAZY, but . . . " I guess people have told me that I'm crazy so much that I now believe that everything that comes out of my mouth is insane.

Well, I'm here to say, I'm not insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment