Monday, October 19, 2009

In the News . . .

Okay, was just watching the video of this family making complete arses out of themselves on national television and had to drop my 2 cents in there.


Right when little Falcon spills the beans @35 seconds . . . THAT IS SOOO ME WHEN I WAS HIS AGE!!! LOL I couldn't lie to save my life. I was that kid that you would have to practice with over and over again. "Now if such-and-such calls, Mommy went to the grocery store. Did you get that Arnetta? The grocery store. So if anybody asks . . . where did Mommy go?" And there I was with my fingers in my mouth nodding my head and bouncing around the room . . .

"Arnetta? Arnetta? Listen to me. What do you say if such-and-such calls?"

Me, blank stare.

Mom, deep sigh. "Huh? What are you going to say Netty?"

"Ummm . . . (long pause, sneaky smile) youuu said you weeere (pause and then proudly finish up) at the grocery store!" I was adorable!

Bottom line, #1 - don't lie and #2 - don't get your kids to lie for you. They will blow your cover and then ask you what it was that you wanted them to lie about in the first place in front of the people you want them to lie to. They will think it's a game and make you look like a jackass. Lol. Oh and somebody must have been under a lot of pressure, because a poot escaped right along with the truth. Probably why the bible says "the truth will set you free." Did you see the mom and dad nodding their heads profusely, trying to coax him along. Aaaah hahaha!!!

I didn't really follow this story too much to begin with but when I heard that the family was on Wife-Swap, the whole thing really lost credibility for me. The dad looks like an attention whore and he also looks a little "off" so I hope he's not abusing his family behind closed doors. Which I could totally see being the case since that little boy was throwing up on another interview. To sum it all up, they looked like a train-wreck and a reality show starring them would probably be mad dysfunctional.

But seriously, though, this little publicity stunt is so American to me. We have got to stop being so shallow and insincere and attention-whorish as a culture. Probably why our word (and money) mean absolutely nothing to other countries. Also probably why we don't have any real skills as Americans either. Nothing to export, nothing to offer the world except entertainment. People need to teach their kids to make a living by studying science or math and inventing something that other people actually need, rather than trying to get a Jon and Kate Plus 8 television deal. Boy I tell ya!

Well that's all the soap-box preachery I got for now.

In other news I think I may start looking for another header. Go on and have a nice day now!

5 comments:

  1. I blew my mother's cover A LOT as a kid... sorry Mama! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, our moms should have known better. I say that's what they get for trying to get their lie on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    This story was really revealing because here we have a little white boy PRESUMED missing and it's all over the news while thousands (yes thousands!!) of black children are still missing who never received one headline in their own local paper ...let alone a headline feature on the national news...

    Now THAT is where the real discussion is and few want to even take it there....

    Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Invisible Woman - Glad you enjoyed!

    @Lisa - You're right! Thank you for bringing that up. Oh, and I can't seem to get onto your page. :-(

    ReplyDelete