Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Strange Dream

I swear I have the weirdest dreams.

So this dream takes place in a room. Just a plain, clinical looking, white room. The camera (in my mind, lol) is cutting all over the place. There are a bunch of people (all Black people) sitting in a circle just talking.

The first guy that I noticed talking was some big dude with a hair process. He was tall, thick, dark skinned and handsome. The women in the room were swooning over him as he talked about himself, bragging and saying all kinds of superficial garbage. I remember one of the women saying, "He don't got much to say, but he sure is foin!" and she's crossing her legs flirtatiously and giggling along with some other woman who is saying the same kind of stuff. Everybody in the room can't seem to deny this guy's "flyness."

Later on, someone else (I think one of the 2 women who were swooning) goes next and begins talking. Meanwhile, there is a married couple (both dressed very conservatively) talking amongst themselves. My mind camera cuts between the couple and everybody else who is taking their turn speaking about themselves (or whatever the heck this therapy meeting is about in the first dang place.) So noticeably, married guy is whispering and being judge-mental and rude until finally someone must have called him on it and so begins an argument between him and "random woman" at therapy group meeting. They're going back and forth, back and forth as rude, married, conservative guy is slinging insults left and right. Next thing you know, a guy with a Garfield tie (yes, Garfield) finally stands up to the antagonizing married dude. Antagonizing married dude stands up, aggressively and says to his wife (who we now see as being submissive and quiet), "Forget this! I'm waiting in the car. Come out when you're done!" He storms out of the room and everybody seems to exhale a sigh of relief.

The camera goes back to the guy with the Garfield tie and he's rubbing his face with his tie, but we also see that he's wiping his tears. Next thing you know, he asks? "Anybody want to hear a joke?" And everybody says yes at the same time. The guy goes into a joke about Garfield (a joke that he tells wrong, mind you) and surprisingly, everybody in the room breaks into laughter. And then it hit me . . . everybody in the room was in some strange way, a form of myself.

I'm going to have to stop eating blueberries before I go to bed. Or maybe I just had a psychological breakthrough. Who knows? Lol

2 comments: