Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day-Trip Vacation

So me and my (I want to call him my man-friend because he's way too old to be considered a "boy" but "man-friend" just sounds I dunno . . . weird and I hate saying "Significant Other") boyfriend went on vacation. Actually, he was on vacation from work and I just tagged along because I have not been picking up hours at my job. Call it laziness, depression, whatever . . . I just plan to work as little as humanly possible. Anywho, (despite my manual labor avoidance) we both had other obligations and couldn't really LEAVE leave, so we decided to do a series of day trips. We decided to sight see, taking on 3 major cities. So day one would be Philadelphi-yay and the next day would be D.C.-eezy and then last, but not least New Yawk, New Yaaaaawk where we would stay overnight and then head back home.

Day 1 - Philadel-phi-yeezy

It was nice seeing the sights, particularly the Princess Diana exhibit at the Constitution Center. I didn't expect to be so touched by this exhibit but I was. After this, we checked out the building where the Constitution was signed (which I found particularly interesting, especially after having watched a show on the Fourth of July called, "Secrets of Our Founding Fathers" which discussed the founder's sexual exploits, secret meetings, and one thing I really enjoyed-because I'm obnoxious-was the part about how bad it must have smelled in the room where the constitution was signed because all of the doors and windows were closed, meaning no light and fresh air in the summertime before the invention of toothpaste or arm deoderant and to top it all off, while wearing heavy clothing and having to do a whole lot of talking.) My man-friend and I exchanged knowing glances when we stepped into the room that-granted was over a hundred years old-we still thought smelled a little funkay.
Highlight of this tour . . .
We enter into the room and my boyfriend says - "So this is what Benjamin Franklin's ass smells like."
**Dead*** LOL
After all of this we ate at Buddakhan where the food was aight, but the dessert was spectacular. In the future, I'd just go for the dessert and some coffee.



Day 2 - D.C. Baby!

D.C. was great. I checked out the Newseum, which I wasn't thrilled about at first because I work in media, but it turned out to be exceptionally cool. Took pictures of the big penis and Capital Hill and the White House. Also, as I child, I used to have an obsession with all things "spy" so we went to the Spy Museum gift shop and I picked up a "shock-inflicting," lie detector test, some handcuffs and a game of mind-trap. That lie detector test is too much!!! After taking it home, I found out (or my boyfriend found out) it doesn't matter what you say, you're getting shocked. Oh, we also ate at a French Restaurant called Bistro Francais. The food was okay for the price. We happened to catch a good deal where you can order the app, entree, dessert and wine for just $25! :-0 Oh yes, $25. It was all good in D.C. baby!
Highlight of tour . . .
Okay, so I am probably going to piss a lot of people off for this, but I'm going to keep it real. Every time I think of D.C. I think of the high rate of sexually transmitted diseases. Casualty of working in news, you can't help but to remember every shocking statistic. So while driving along, me and my boyfriend would pick out the people who we assumed had an STD and the whole game started with this one comment . . .

Boyfriend: (We're both checking out a girl in a revealing outfit) She's got a nice body. (Pause and then shakes his head) you know she's got something!
Again ***Dead!!! LOL***



Day 3 & 4 - New Yeezy

So day 3, we went to New York and checked out Wicked. It was pretty good; very funny. We went sight-seeing, shopped and grabbed a bite to eat. It sucks that I have the least to say about New York, but . . . I do. It's a wonderful city, it truly is but there's so much going on that it all just blends into one big event.
Highlight of "tour". . .
We ate at Sylvia's and the food was AWESOME!!! The way the shortribs just fell off the fork, the macaroni and cheese and good lord the corn bread! (falls out onto floor) Okay, I'm done!

So my experiences were really good overall and I am happy that we decided to do a series of day-trips. It was a great way to experience attractions and touristy places that I've taken for granted because of my location. I hope to do this again in a couple months and I will put up some pictures on this post once I get home.

2 comments:

  1. Wow--it all sounds so fantastique...I now want to travel with a "man-friend" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSS!!! Make sure to get a "man-friend" who's really funny. They are great for road-trips and cheesy tours.

    ReplyDelete