Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Interview


As most of you know, I had an important interview yesterday. Being that I was interviewing at my current job, with someone that I am all too familiar with, it took a whole lot of the edge off of the process. I'll sum everything up in a series of lists.

Things of Note:
- I thought I was running late and dang near broke my neck trying to get to my job in time. A car almost ran me off the road and I beeped at them and they beeped back aggressively only to find that we were both going to the same place. Thank goodness it wasn't anyone important (that I know of, anyway)

- I got to the interviewer's office at precisely 10am on the dot (the time of my interview).

- The guy who was interviewing me (let's call him Mr. Ford) got there at 10:20 - in other words, 20 minutes late.

- Mr. Ford told me that he was thoroughly disappointed that I didn't apply for the job when it was first posted on the company website. There was a small part of me that actually hoped he was so disappointed he didn't want to give me the job.

- When I asked Mr. Ford any questions about the job, he would answer it as if I already had it. For ex:

Me: Mr. Ford, would I be backing up the other (blanks) or would I be filling in for them on Saturday nights?

Mr. Ford: Well, that's something that I would want you to work out with them. Preferrably, you could alternate shows and . . . (etc, etc, blah, blah, blah)

Now I could be blowing that one out of proportion but it really felt like he was talking about me specifically.

Things I wanted to say during the interview, but couldn't:

- "Okay, let's cut the foreplay. Do I have the job or don't I?"

- "Would you mind if I took a raincheck on this whole thing. Can you interview me in a year?"

After Mr. Ford tells me that my job has had a hiring freeze in effect for the past two years and that's why I haven't been considered for higher positions.
- "Uh . . . why the *BLANK* didn't you tell me that before?!"

How I felt after the interview:

- Relieved and a little Anxious

What I did that night to resolve those conflicting emotions:

- Got drunk

4 comments:

  1. LMBO! Sometimes drinking is necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for serious, I opened this post with my parents right behind me...hahahaha! I pretended it was nothing...then scrolled back later :)
    hilarity! And thus, I'm passing along a Happy Award to you :)
    http://greenestmermaid.blogspot.com/2010/02/oh-happy-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Steph - Yes, wasted without too many repercussions this time, lol.

    @Her mommy - And drink, I did!

    @Cecilia - Glad I could give you (and possibly your parents) a laugh. And my first award!! Thank you! You really made my day. :-)

    ReplyDelete