Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Own Language

Now I don't know if this is true of anyone else, but one thing I've always noticed is that if I am around someone (anyone) long enough, we begin to develop our own language. I mean to the point where I can have a whole conversation with someone and no one else will know what the heck I am talking about except that one person. Maybe it's because I grew up as half of a twin-set and you know what they say about twins making up their own language. (Even though with my sister, we didn't exactly make up a language. We just transmitted thought signals. LOL - but seriously . . . we did).

Anyway, since I feel free to say whatever I want to say on my little piece of the blogosphere, I thought I'd share some of the "words" and "secret references" from a few of the languages I have created with friends, family and colleagues over the years.

"Daisy" - (pronounced Day-zee) - mainly, a girl who has no clue that her boyfriend is a freak (bisexual, sexual deviant, whorish or just a plain ole fashioned cheater.)
ex: So I saw Jonathan the other day, hugged up with Daisy.

"Shabadoo" - (pronounced Shah-Bah-Doo) - carry on, continue.

"Conducting a business meeting" - going to the bathroom.
ex: Hold my calls, I'm conducting a business meeting in a couple minutes.

"Taking a call on line 1" - Peeing

"Taking a call on line 2" - Pooping

"The deal went through" - Give the bathroom about 15 minutes.
ex: The merger was a success. The deal went through.

"Peanut butter and jelly" - Great, awesome, wonderful.
ex: That shirt is PB&J!

"Purple Stuff" - a drink of any kind, specifically your favorite drink.
ex: I'm going to get some purple stuff. You want anything?

"Kappa Nu" - any group of people who belong to an elevated professional status, usually getting their job through "butt-kissing," nepotism or some other equally dishonorable avenue.
ex: I'm not a member of Kappa Nu, I'll kick your mother-(expletive) (expletive)!
(This expression was coined one day when a particularly angry man-friend was telling me about his stupid coworkers. He turns me on when he goes into his "hood" rants.)

Well, I'm going to have to cut this short so I can enjoy some ice cream and watch some movies. Keep it classy Sandiego!

3 comments:

  1. HAHA These are funny! I use whoopty whoop for "carry on" or blah f*king-zay if I'm mad..lol And girl PB&J really IS the sh*t. Had it for lunch today and I was smiles all afternoon. I'm funny about my s'manwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Steph - that was a reference to "Anchor Man" with Will Ferrell. If you haven't seen that movie, you should. You would love it.

    @SheBloggs - and that is exactly why PB&J is codeword for all things great and wonderful in the world. :-p

    ReplyDelete