Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hell Hath Frozen Over

I have been EXHAUSTED lately, working 7 days a week. It's been 2 months that I've been working both overnight weekends and doing a seasonal job for the other 5 days. (Trying to save up money). Either way, I've been really tired and kind of short with folks due to the lack of energy it takes to make small talk, kiss butts and actually just give a rat's booty. The one thing that has come out of the freaking woodwork, however, is an innate desire to cook. And I mean COOK. I don't know...maybe a brain cell burst and my "home-maker" gene came oozing out or something but I have been doing some out of character things like going into the kitchen and whipping up stuff that takes hours to make and actually includes fresh ingredients and ish. And it's been on an obsessive tip too. Like the other day, I couldn't sit down and eat before I baked dessert. And today, I found out that I had an hour to kill so I drove downtown in the pouring rain to the grocery store (20 minutes away) to get one JUST ONE missing ingredient for something I've been wanting to make. And then the pictures. I take pictures of all of my dishes. So I'll just get straight to the point with what this post is pretty-much about.

Pictures!!! . . . of my foood!!!

Spaghetti and (homemade) Meatballs naturally

Bread Pudding

As per Islandbaby's awesome new blog Memories of a Chunky Chick (which yall need to check out because she will be posting healthy recipes among other wonderful things)
Vegetarian Thai Red Curry Soup and Lemon Grass infused Jasmine Rice

That finished product is gorgeous, isn't it? ISN'T IT??!!!

And as per RebelMel's wonderful Friday posts over at Tweeded.com I present to you . . .
Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes
And yes, my shirt says "Kiss me, I'm Black"! It was St. Patrick's Day!


There's more to come, but yeah . . . in the past couple days, I've been getting my Betty Crocker on! Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Now off to go stir up this bean dish.

8 comments:

  1. Look at Lil Susie Homemaker!!! I am so impressed! Was the ingredient that you drove 20 minutes for fish sauce??? LMAO! The food looks absolutely delicious by the way! Just wonderful. I was cooking/grilling up a storm over the weekend so I will be posting another recipe shortly. That bread pudding looks divine! You are making me want to dump my diet ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, "Kiss Me I'm Black?!?!?" I COULD DIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dishes look terrific. It's so true that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How'd you like he cupcakes? I thought it was one of the best vegan cake recipes I had ever had! And I love the "Kiss Me, I'm black" shirt! I think I am going to get one for my friend Matt for next St. Patty's!

    Oh, and by the way, I tagged you today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhhh! I want that shirt! where'd you get it?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Islandbaby - yes, I was looking for the god-forsaken fish sauce, lol. And that bread pudding was just terrible. You don't want any of that stuff, yuck! (does that make you want to embrace your diet again?)

    @Bighead - The Manfriend is like a kid in the candy store right now. He actually said, "I think I love you" the other day. I didn't know whether to be flattered or offended.

    @Rebel Mel - I thoroughly enjoyed those cupcakes. I think the icing was my favorite part. Just thinking about it now makes my mouth water :-p Also, I hope Matt is a Black person, LOLOLOLOL. And thanks for the tag...I can't wait to show off what's in my bag baby, yeah!

    @Soph! - Actually, I made that t-shirt. I think I may have to start selling them thangs now. Also, welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never can comment on your page when I'm at work! This entire box is gone! I think you read my post where I cook like I don't have any sense at all hours of the night.
    Tonight I made steak,sauteed zuchini,and curry couscous! Last night I made stuffed chicken breast with feta,stuffing,mozzarella and black olives. Im certifiable! It's 10:41 now and i'm going to knock out this homemade banana bread for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ShellyShell - Yeah, the template is garbage. But thanks for your efforts. And thanks a lot for giving me the "cooking" bug. Now I have to call all of the people I've been in contact with and tell them that I contracted the "cooking" bug and they might want to get tested too, lol. Oh, and I'ma need that stuffed chicken breast recipe, like right now (yes, at 5:17am in the morning)!

    ReplyDelete