Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Why I Don't Get Enough Love

So this morning whilst checking my email, I came across a comment that my dear friend Stephanie over at Not the Oxygen left on one of my posts.

@Arnetta: I just posted your link on 20sb for blogs that don't get enough love because I think you don't...and you're cool. I don't know what the problem is :P

First of all . . . I heart you Stephy-Poo and if you ever want to go gay (minus the monogamy and the sexy time) I'm all for it . . . and secondly *shrugs* I don't know what's up wit dat either. I'm like the little match girl of blogs. I've resigned myself to the idea that I'm just a "starving artist." Someone who blogs to release tension, whether the world is watching or not. I mean, I wouldn't mind a few more followers, but at this point I'm just happy to have an outlet. Either way, these are some of the reasons - real or imaginary - why I think I don't have a million and one (or even 11) followers.

- My blogging is way too sporadic. I will sometimes blog every day and then just not blog for a week/month (although I've been blogging a lot lately). Sometimes the blogs will be funny, sometimes serious, sometimes a little bit of both. Maybe this confuses people.

- I don't have an interesting enough life. In other words, the "man-friend" stories are not cutting it, lol.

- I am an anonymous blogger. I think it's harder for people to connect with someone they can't see. (That's probaby a big one)

- I have garlic breath. And somehow people can smell it through the interwebs. (I eat a lot of italian food)

- My writing does not translate the way I think it does and it comes off confusing, negative, hokey, depressing, corny, random, (fill in the blank).

- I don't have a "thing." You know, a theme, like Lilu's TMI - Thursdays or Re-Ramblings "Pot Luck" Posts or RebelMel's "Freeby Fridays."

- I don't post comments on enough blogs. To tell you the truth, I don't have the time. But the 15 or 16 blogs that I do frequent get their fair share of comments from Arnetta Green, trust that.

- I'm not badass butt enough

- I get too philosophical. This is something I've been accused of doing in "real life." Just talking about life, feelings, relationships, history and maybe people don't want to hear that ish.

- I don't twitter, or reveal my facebook info.

- My layout or title is not cool enough.

- Either, a very influential blogger didn't like a comment I left on a blog or they read one of my posts and didn't like it...so they black listed me, turning the whole web world against me.

- (This is not really a reason-but it further explains my "black-listed" conjecture) So there's a blogger that I used to follow and I noticed that every time I would make a comment, she would never respond. Which was kind of odd, because she wasn't a "hands off" kind of blogger. Okay, whatever, I thought to myself. Maybe she didn't get around to reading my comment. So one day, she'd gotten quite a few comments and responded to each and every one of them, big and small, generic and personal, every last one...all except mine. Coincidence? I don't think so. And I swear my comments were stuff like, "Your dog is beautiful. What breed is he?" or "That looked like fun. Glad it came together for you!" I'm telling you...I'm blacklisted! You guys might want to be careful not to get black-listed by association.

- Maybe I'm excluding a demographic. Sometimes I talk about subjects like race, class and gender. And frankly, that can just be "too heavy" for people. *shrugs*

- Not enough pictures on my blog. You know blog-readers are "baby brains." They need the pictures to keep them going. Morons!

- Maybe I'm too condescending to my potential-followers. Calling them "morons" and "baby brains."

- I don't have enough skills/hobbies or enough . . . I don't know "life" in my life. Like I don't garden, not a clean freak, don't sew/knit or cook too often...my schedule (right now) is overly-packed with work...and when I get home, I mainly just walk the dog, watch tv and go to sleep. Okay...aaand maybe this is the part of the post where I should just kill myself, LOL.

- Maybe I'm just too fabulous and you morons guys can't relate.

- Maybe I'm not fabulous?

- ...nah! I'm fabulous.

Well, that's all I got for now. But all jokes aside, I absolutely love blogging and appreciate any comments, "following" or support that I get. You guys are a small group, but you lift my spirits and make me feel a little less crazy every day.

All right, enough mushyness. Time to get back to work, but first allow me to leave you with this delightful find.
You're welcome! :)

8 comments:

  1. garlic breath really? Hilarious...

    I'm a new reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for shedding some light on the situation because I never got it. I really enjoy your blog!

    This mess is a lot of work :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Patti - Welcome! Thanks for reading despite my garlic breath, lol. Don't be a stranger.

    @Steph - It's definitely a lot of work and unfortunately, I'm not always up to the challenge. (You make it look easy ;-) Either way, I appreciate your support and glad that you enjoy my ramblings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way Arnetta. I have a varied blogging style. Just don't take a break longer than 3 months or your readers will scatter away and never come back. I guess.. it's like one of those relationships..However your blog is so super! It's like talking to my college educated sister whose witty and fun but too far to see everyday..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even before I started reading the post, the pic of the little match girl got to me. Look at how sad she looks! And when I clicked on the link...NOOO!!!

    Then I read your post and I felt better, and when I saw the Colbert video, all was right with the world! I think you're fabulous and I enjoy your blog. You have a really nice mix of funny and serious, wit and reflection. Keep on keepin' on!

    P.S. - If you and Steph EVER hook up, I'm bringin' a videocamera! (Sorry...I'm a guy!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I don't comment often, I read and love your blog. Being slightly anonymous and completely anonymous has its perks and it's problems. I agree with people feeling connected when they can put a real name and face to things but having been public before I can honestly say that's not all it's cracked up to be either. And YES you're right- you ARE fabulous! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LITERALLY laughed from the beginning to the very END of this post!!! I also ask myself why I am an unknown, and chalked it up to being just too cool for school, and too intelligent to be relatable!!!

    If it at all matters you are BOSS in my little world!

    Garlic Breath though??? Bwahahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @SheBloggs - A 3 month break won't be happening anytime soon. And did you just say road trip? I think you just said road trip.

    @Bighead - Sounds like I took you on an emotional rollercoaster. Lucky you! I take the Manfriend on those every. single. day. And he also mentioned the video camera. *smh* Men!

    @Her mommy - I struggle with the idea of going public, but I love being able to just talk about any and everything without worrying about getting "found out" even though I'm pretty tame.

    @Islandbaby - LMBO I guess that makes us the Romy and Michelle of blogs, huh? We're just sitting at our lonely little lunch table with 10 followers and having a good time any ole way! And I knew you were going to zero in on the garlic breath joke. (I regretted writing that as soon as I published, but no takesy backsies so...) But for the record, the breath is fresh to death (right now).

    ReplyDelete