Thursday, July 1, 2010

Randomness

It's times like these (when I haven't written in a while and don't have a good enough reason except the fact that I'm lazy) that I have to tell myself that I'm doing this blog for me and if I don't have the time or energy to blog . . . well, then so be it. (Also, all of my favorite bloggers haven't been writing a lot lately either, so I think there's something in the air.) But enough of the B.S. Here's some random things that have been happening in my life.

#1 - I actually considered dropping this blog and just using the other blog, since I've pretty much outed myself anyway. But then it hit me that this blog is my haven to be able to say whatever I'm REALLY feeling. I can whine and complain, talk about people, get all emotional and lovey dovey and just say what I really want to say about things which is something I don't feel comfortable doing on the other blog.

#2 - The Manfriend had a really important interview with a really important company a couple weeks ago and we're still waiting on the outcome. The place that the Manfriend interviewed with was so prestigious that his douchebag ex-supervisor found out about it and came calling trying to get some details and even dissuade him from attempting to go any further with it. Anywho, I'm really nervous and have been waking up and skyping home every morning to ask him if he's heard anything back.

#3 - Culture shock hit me like a ton of bricks. (Get ready for the understatement of the year). It's hard being out here alone and away from my family. Living overseas is no joke and every day I have to tell myself that I can make it another week. It's gotten easier, but if I revealed to friends and family how close I was to just packing it up and calling it quits, they would have probably sent me a plane ticket 2 weeks ago. I'm trudging along, but (despite what it may look like on the other blog) it's not as easy as it looks.

#4 - I've been watching clips of the BET Awards show and didn't appreciate Chris Breezy effing up Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" with all of his blubbering. He should have saved that ish for "I Can Transform You" or something.

#5 - I go on my first big trip this weekend. I'll be white water rafting. And in a couple of weeks, I will be climbing Mount Fuji. It finally feels like I'm going to be doing something that makes all of this homesickness worth it. I mean can you imagine the conversation I'll be having soon?
"Arnetta, how was your weekend?"
"It was great!"
"What'd you do?"
"Oh . . . you know . . . climbed MOUNT FREAKING FUJI!!!"

Well, that's all I got for now. Check the other blog for pics and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment