Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Things On My Mind

First of all . . . the manfriend still hasn't heard back from the "big job" and sadly I've started to give up hope. I've been missing him and the dog like crazy and find my thoughts drifting back to our last little vacation at Disney World. There was one particular morning that keeps flooding back to my mind. We decided to eat a home cooked meal at the hotel. Cheese eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, a croissant and some orange juice. It was soooo good and the day was just perfect and sunny. Just the randomness that pops in your head when you're on the other side of the planet. *Sigh* But one really good thing that has taken place in the past couple weeks or so is that the culture shock is finally beginning to let up and I'm actually getting used to everything a little bit more.

I find solace in exploring new places, sitting in a quiet restaurant or cafe, eating and reading books on my iPad. Call me an old lady, but I also enjoy playing Scrabble and even beat the computer for the first time yesterday. I find that the ability to be alone is something that doesn't come natural to everybody . . . but it definitely comes natural to me and being out here makes it so much easier to just go to a Starbucks, park my butt in a seat, sip my Matcha (green tea) Frappuccino and just read my heart out.

Also, it's nice to be somewhere and not have to worry about running into an ex boyfriend or a coworker (or in my case, both . . . LOL). It's also nice not to have to worry about some of the problems that I had to deal with at home . . . like the family feuding or feeling obligated to spend time with people I don't even like. Regardless, I still miss American television and having the ability to read, write and speak to pretty much anyone and everyone I want to speak to.

I would write more but that's all I got for now. Time for me to hit the sack!

2 comments:

  1. very off topic, but thanks for putting me on your roll....you are a very deep sister--keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, no! . . . thank YOU for writing such an awesome blog! I read all of your posts and your blog has actually been a big motivator for me to continue pursuing a career in film (once I get back from this "sabbatical").

    ReplyDelete