Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Down-Side and the Up-Side

Well, it's been a while.

But to catch you up the interview never happened. I have never had so many things go wrong in one day. Long story short, it felt like the heavens opened up and the Universe took a sh** on my life. I don't really want to write down a lot of detail, but my boyfriend's car broke down on the way there and the rest went down in bad story history. Of course, no recruiter wants to hear a sob story about a broke down car or someone having to be late so my job prospect went up in smoke.

But out of the flames of this tragedy comes a phoenix of hope. Immediately after everything went down, my best friend invited me over to drown my tears in a glass of wine. I took a couple days to myself to rest and rethink my next move. After this, I started to realize that in order to survive, I'm going to have to lead my own destiny. I can't continue to beg someone to hire me. That's obviously not working. I have to create my own income. Maybe it's fear, maybe it's anger . . . but whatever the case is, I'm fed up. I have the education, the drive, the resources and it's time to stop basing my survival on someone else's perception of me. At the end of the day, my future can't rest on the shoulders of some middle-aged, white lady from human resources. I have to take my future into my own hands. And I'm ready to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment