Friday, March 30, 2012

The Never Ending Quest


After being broke for months on end, I finally gave in and got a job.  And one of the things that I said I would do after getting my first paycheck was to buy a Wii so I could get the new Zumba 2 game.  (My other thing was to get a colonic . . . I know TMI, lol.  But when you get to a certain age, it's all about digestion, regulation and keeping the body cleansed.)  So any who, the reasons behind these two endeavors was/is that I want to lose weight.  My pants have not been fitting like they should and also, I don't feel as light on my feet as I once did.  So as planned, I got the Wii and bought Zumba 2.  The next day I was jumping around and sweating like crazy, trying to keep up with the dance moves.  It was fun and really effective but the thing about working out - it makes you hungry . . . REALLY hungry.  So the first week that I started doing Zumba, I went out and bought (are you ready?) a cheeseburger with the works on a Krispy kreme bun with chocolate covered bacon.  Someone dared me to eat that burger a couple months ago and I never had the desire but after hours of grueling Zumba dancing and running with my dog at the park, that was the first weird craving to pop into my mind (despite the fact that the girl who challenged me was no where in sight).  The girl was a teenager and very - I don't know how to put this - full of energy and joy for life - in other words, she could give a f--- about a beer gut.  She was talking this burger up to the highest degree and I guess after sweating like a pig, I decided to act like one too.  (And to tell you the truth, after all of those calories, it was still nothing to write home about.  I think the excitement is more about the novelty of the burger than the actual taste.)  Either way, the binge eating continued and with the burger, I had a side of fries and a birthday cake flavored milkshake with a cupcake on top of it.  Not going to lie, that shake was mother-freaking delicious.  The burger joint that I went to is notorious for their strange milkshakes and burgers and it is NOT the place to go if you want to lose weight.



Either way, I've been continuing with the Zumba every day and last week, I checked my weight after months of avoiding scales and I was at a whopping 156 lbs.  Can you believe that???  Nearly 160!!!  I have never EVER been that big in my life.  I don't know if any veteran readers are reading this, but I did a post like a couple years back about how I was upset at being - what? - like 145 or something.  So yeah, I've surpassed the big 150 mark.  After I saw that scale, I've been pumping and jumping around like my life depended on it.  I also went out and got that colonic in a desperate attempt to rid my body of any excess weight that I might be able to drop with some quickness.  (Suffice it to say that was a real soul searching experience, 0_o).  Thank god the lady that worked with me was very "grandmommish." Grandmoms don't mind talking about poop.  I could do a whole post dedicated to that day, but I'll spare you.

Now I am on a journey to drop weight before I visit CA in April.  I have been counting calories and doing Zumba in an attempt to take in less than I put out.  So far I've been super hungry and the small portions that I've been eating don't seem like enough.  As I write this, I think about what healthy snacks I may have sitting around that I could nom on, but I can't think of one thing.  Because everything is like a million calories.  Even the healthy stuff.  It feels like you do 1 hour of Zumba to burn 400 calories and you eat one cracker and it's all down the drain.  Regardless, I am going to stay on this journey.  And I am actively seeking out healthy recipes.  Also, I plan on posting a few recipes myself.

In other words, help a sistah out.  If you know of a great recipe . . . leave it in the comments section or shoot me an email at Arnettagreen@gmail.com.  Send me good vibes and thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment