Thursday, December 13, 2012

I Need a PR Person

I need to get into this writing thing.  Ughhhhh!!!!  Seriously!  What's the damn bloodclot?!

Now that that's out of the way . . . lately I've been feeling in a rush.  The whole moving across the country thing is starting to get to me.  Nightmares about going back to school and taking a big test are starting up again along with the nightmare of being in a car that has no breaks.  The nightmare of running down a highway at night.  Just nothing but dreams filled with panic and confusion.

Me and the man-friend have decided that March is going to be THE month.  All or nothing, baby!  The main thing is getting a job.  I'll be damned if I'm going to work at a mall again - on purpose.  I'm hitting the ground running when I get there and the plan is to land something in my field.  I'm feeling quite behind when it comes to modern technology, however.  I don't have a million facebook friends.  I don't have a million twitter followers.  I don't instagram.  I guess I don't find my life so interesting that I feel the need to share it with the world - says the girl who is blogging.  I guess what I mean is that all of those social networking sites are made for people who are promoting themselves in some sense or another and I don't have anything to promote right now.  Currently, I work at the mall in a job that is not in my field at all.  My relationship with my fiancee is very VERY low-key/under the radar.  I'm busy all the time and when I'm not busy, I watch movies or sleep.  Social networking is not really at my top of the list of things to do.  But I feel like jobs are looking for people who are interesting and have a huge cyber following.  The one thing that's in my corner is that I will be releasing my new web series soon so . . . yeah!  That takes up a lot of my time and I hope that the investment pays off.  Actually, that's a huge accomplishment.  *pats self on back*

So, I was at the gym the other day lifting weights and an old R&B song came on (something cheezy and greasy like Lisa Lisa Cult Jam or a Shalamar song) and I smiled to myself for a second, just taking it all in.  And then my stomach dropped.  And this just goes to show you how random my train of thoughts are - I thought to myself, "Crap!  Jobs are not looking for weirdos like me."  Don't worry, I'll explain the connection.  Nowadays it's not enough to just be AT the gym.  You have to take a picture of yourself at the gym and put it on FB, Instagram, Twitter and whatever else there is along with a caption that says "Getting my fitness on" or some sh** and of course with a hashtag #fitLife or #HealthLifestyle etc.  And if you are listening to an 80's song, you of course have to mention that you are listening to the song in an "ironic" kind of way, as if it just happens to be on - not because you genuinely enjoy it and it's on your iPod because that is the kind of music you listen to by choice.  For some odd reason, I felt very f*cked in that split second of a moment.  Like I need a PR person.  #MyLifeShouldBeCooler

Am I overreacting?  Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment