Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to Meeeee!!!

It's my birthday today and I feel so very special. I didn't tell everyone, because I'm a weirdo, but it's funny, even though people didn't know they were so extra nice to me and it meant a lot. I went to a different department (at my job) to let everyone know (for the 3rd time) that I'm really throwing my hat in the ring for some new positions that have opened up. I got so much positive feedback and support, I damn near grew wings and flew out of the building. I feel great! What a birthday!

Also want to mention (in case anybody read my post from yesterday) I got a lot of birthday wishes from my friends on facebook. (And even though I got the most messages from my cousin's stalker) I'm not going to lie, it made me feel really special. Maybe it'll motivate me to take some pictures of myself while I'm out drinking tonight. Eh, probably not. Too much proof, lol.

I guess this goes to show you that no matter how old you get, something as simple as a birthday acknowledgement can still make your heart flutter (or stomach turn-depending on whether you consider it a bad thing.) But I always consider it a good thing!

Well, that's it. Can't enjoy my birthday if I'm on here typing now can I?

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Have fun tonight...and pics are a must ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated, darlin! I hope it was a blast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies!!! I had an awesome time, complete with liquor, good food, and lots and lots of pictures. (Can't share on here, though, because of nosey family and coworkers who might read my other posts, lol). But it was a blast, can't wait till next year!

    ReplyDelete