Saturday, August 8, 2009

I Need to Lose Some Weight

So I went to Dorney Park a couple days ago with some folks from my church. The girl I hung with is a little on the chunky side. So while we were at Wild Water Kingdom she started complaining about her thighs rubbing together. Next thing you know I am feeling a little friction myself. Meanwhile, we're watching a bunch of PYT's (Pretty Young Things for the slow people) walking around in the smallest of bathing suits. And these girls were BONEY. Now don't get me wrong, there were some chunkies walking around too, but I didn't notice them. I noticed the flat bellies and the thighs that you could see between (I know I sound like a perv). My mind quickly reverted back to better days. Days where I ran . . . in the heat . . . for hours on end . . . for fun!!! Track meets where I wore the skimpiest of running out-fits, and never had to worry about a jiggly belly or thigh burn. I can't believe those days are over.

By the end of the Dorney Park trip, my thighs were in so much pain because of the constant rubbing that when I got back to my place, I had to rub lotion on a swollen red rash that developed. And it BURNED like you wouldn't believe!!! All night, I slept with a pillow between my legs because my legs couldn't even touch each other. It was bad!!!

So the moral of this story is that I need to take my big thighs to the gym and bust out some squat thrusts or something. Because I am too much of a weakling to be chunky. It's just too much pain for me to bear. Just one day of my thighs rubbing together was too much. But the good thing is the new place I am moving to has a pretty nice gym.

So it'll all be better in the new place. (Rocks back and forth.) Yes, the new place will fix everything.

3 comments:

  1. Water parks are so creepy & disgusting, but so fun at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I must have drunk gallons of chlorine water that day . . . but oh the fun I had!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. " Because I am too much of a weakling to be chunky." - I think that'll be my new weight-loss motto! I keep thinking that every pound I lose is that much less I have to carry around...

    ReplyDelete