Saturday, September 5, 2009

Whyyyyyyy???!!!

Some days I work strange, late hours at a job where I'm allowed to watch TV. The only problem is that there's not a lot to watch late at night, say between 2am and 6am, but I always manage to find something to latch onto. So one day (a couple years ago) I discovered The Tonight Show. The discovery was subtle because I wouldn't really watch it. The channel would just happen to be on, and I'd absorb it.

So after a couple days of absorbing Jay Leno, Late Night with Conan O'Brien shows up and absolutely blows Jay Leno out of the water. I was already familiar with Conan and welcomed the change. He had me at hello. Eventually, I became such a hardcore fan that I'd actually look forward to going to work so I could watch Conan.


So it would be Conan and then my favorite film critic show, Reel Talk with Jeffrey Lyons and Alison something.

Soooo, one day I get to work and turn on the tube and to my surprise The Tonight Show with Jay Leno is back. Eh, okay I thought to myself and gave ole Jay a try again. It took some time (I think his opening monologues could use some work) but after a while, I was hooked. Not like Conan hooked, but still hooked. "Jay-Walking," "Headlines" "99 Cent Store Shopping Spree" "Steve the Judgemental Bastard" "Ross the Intern". I looove me some Ross the Intern! His show was pretty good and after they shut down my Reel Talk and replaced it with a wine making show, I really relied on Jay to get me through my first hour of work.


Fast forward to July 2009. I've been watching my Jay Leno for about a year and then all of a sudden Jimmy Fallon shows up. I try to give this man a chance, but he's awkward, he's dry, he tries way too hard, he's uh . . . he just sucks. The man is not funny. The show is not funny.

But his band is baaaaad! (Shakes head) One of the greatest bands to ever grace a stage. His band is just so freaking wonderful.


The Roots

Why? Why Jimmy, did you have to associate such a great band with such a sucky show? It's just not fair!

But, I haven't given up on Jimmy yet. I really do believe his show will get funnier. This is pretty funny.

2 comments:

  1. I've never watching Jimmy's show because I've never been a fan, but that clip was kinda funny. Maybe I'll give him a try...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Stef - Yeah, check out his show, just don't get your hopes up too much. He's got a long way to go. lol

    @ Elise - Hello and thank you!!! It's nice meeting you as well. Don't be a stranger now, ya hear! (oh, and hope you don't mind goofyness ;-)

    ReplyDelete