Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Was it worth it Tiger? Well . . . was it!?!


I don't judge the guy. (Well, I can't - because God knows I've made my mistakes) I've always respected the way that he's dealt with the politics of fame. He never spoke publicly about his political, racial or social views. He only allowed people to judge him on the basis of his talent as an athlete, which was absolutely fricking UNDENIABLE. I loved this about him. It pissed a lot of people off, but I thought it was genius. He had being discreet and unbiased down to a science. A science that a whole lot of other celebs could stand to study at times. And then he does this.

Are you kidding Tiger? For real? You gosta be kidding me! I still appreciate the guy's athleticism but I'm disappointed. (Don't mean to alienate any of my readers) But as a Black athlete (even though he calls himself . . . what? . . . Cablasian, I think it is? LOL You're Black Tiger) as a BLACK athlete in a particularly White sport, Tiger's had a whole lot of things to overcome and he's been able to keep his shit so tight up to this point that nobody and I mean nobody could touch him. Now . . . (sigh) now he's got people like Shaq defending him. Shaq?! And every news station and newspaper and tabloid is covering this story like it's the first time a man's ever stuck his penis inside a woman's vagina.

Tiger, Tiger, Tiger. I don't know what to tell you dude. You fell for the oldest trick in the book man. How could you be so careless? Didn't you ever hear the saying, "Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead." As a famous person you can never . . . NEVER . . . never, ever, ever have sex with someone and think it's not going to get out. (Sigh! -Slaps him upside the head-) Dumbass!

Arnetta Green



Dear President Obama,

They just got Tiger. You're the only upstanding Black male public figure we got left. DO NOT ruin your squeaky clean image with a mistress. It is the oldest trick in the book. God-speed!

Arnetta Green

Here's a list of other people who broke my heart by cheating on their wives:

Bill Clinton (of course)
Jesse Jackson
Martin Luther King
John Edwards
Bill Cosby
Kobe Bryant
Shaquille O'Neal

2 comments:

  1. "Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead"...I know that's right!
    You're correct: he did fall or the okie-doke! When you're that famous, you won't be able to get away with ANYTHING! He stuck to that script with race and political issues, but he didn't with this.

    I am not condoning this, but I am not judging him either (I'm the last person to do that!) Folks should bear in mind that this man is an athlete, not a religious leader; not a politician. Goodness knows there are people who feel they need to tell us how we should be living, and when these people have some sort of indiscretion, they will tell you that it's a personal matter.

    Meantime, life goes on, and all any of us should do when we make a mistake, even Tiger Woods, is move on from it and continue to strive for what we aspire to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactamundo my friend. If you are a married politician/religous leader and can't keep it in the pants, I have a problem with that.

    And Tiger sure did stick to the script, didn't he? . . . dang! lol But like you said, he is not a religious leader or politician and I don't think he owes anyone (outside of his wife and children) an apology or an explanation.

    I guess I wrote about it because (for me) it was the equivalent of finding out that my favorite soccer player pickede up a gun, loaded it and proceeded to shoot his toes off. It's like, "DUUUDE!!! What did you dooooo???" I'm watching tv and they are making jokes about him now. It breaks my heart and the worst part is he did it to himself (and his family).

    ReplyDelete